some kind-a gorgeous: the foundation faker.

Named in 2008 by Elle Magazine as 'The World's Best Foundation', does Some Kind-a Gorgeous: The Foundation Faker live up to the hype?

In short - no.

For me, this cream to powder finish foundation is just too cakey. It sits on the top of my skin and makes my skin very oily.

The packaging is cute. I like the large mirror and sturdy compact. The foundation palette flips up to reveal a sponge that can be used for application, or the Benefit website also says you can use your fingers. I used the sponge the first time I applied it but it STINKS! The very first time I used it, my face actually smelled like the awful sponge and after an hour or so I just had to wash my face, I couldn't bear it. I have no idea why this is, or if it's typical of every one of these compacts. Maybe the batch mine came from was just an anomaly.  It's not a big deal, you could replace it with another sponge or just use your fingers. I don't think a foundation brush would work though.

It comes with 9.5g, which to be honest doesn't seem like a lot. I persisted with this foundation for about 2 months, mainly because I didn't want to waste it, and I thought I would come to like it. I hit pan towards the end of the 2 months, but there's still heaps left around the sides.

It comes in 3 different shades, and I have the 'lite' one. It was a pretty good match for my skin tone, and I'm very pale.

RRP US $28, AUD $53.

Pros:
  • Large mirror
  • Good colour match
Cons:
  • Cakey
  • Smelly sponge!
 Any questions? Just ask!

x Jasmine


The Some Kind-a Gorgeous reviewed in this post was purchased by me. 
This is 100% my opinion. 
I am not affiliated with Benefit in any way.

No Response to "some kind-a gorgeous: the foundation faker."

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Addicted2Benefit All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes