Hello Flawless!

I'm always on the hunt for the perfect foundation. I have such pale skin, I have to be careful not to make myself look like I've caked my skin with mud. So, does Hello Flawless! live up to its name?

I've tried Benefit foundations before, and have been disappointed. I got Some Kind-A-Gorgeous in Lite last year and found it a bit heavy for my sensitive skin (review coming soon).

But I was pleasantly surprised with Hello Flawless! in the lightest shade, called 'Me - vain? Natural Champagne'. The sales assistant at my local Benefit counter actually used it to set the Erase Paste she had just applied to my chin, and I was intrigued by how light it seemed, yet gave me some pretty good coverage.

I bought the Erase Paste but couldn't stop thinking about the Hello Flawless! either. So I ordered it online, and haven't looked back.

The packaging is cute, and easy to find in your handbag! It's pretty sturdy, but I haven't been too rough with it. The lid flips up to reveal the 7g of powder foundation. Underneath this is a small brush and a sponge. You can choose how to apply the powder - the brush gives a light, sheer coverage, while the sponge is for the more heavy duty jobs. The bottom of the compact is actually studded with little holes to let the sponge breathe, a nice touch.

I haven't used the sponge, because I don't like thick coverage, so I can't comment on that. But I have to say I'm not a fan of the small brush that is included. You can see in the picture above it's quite small and not very fluffy, but it hasn't really shed much yet. I prefer to use a proper foundation brush, but if you are on the go, the smaller one will do just fine.

The powder can be a bit messy if you're not careful with the brush, it tends to go everywhere, so be gentle.

But the most important thing is the actual coverage, right? Well, it works a treat. It makes my fair skin look nice and smooth and absorbs the excess oil on my nose and chin. It looks natural too, and you can achieve this look quite effortlessly. And I'm lazy, so I love that! Some days, if I'm in a hurry in the morning, I'll just dust a bit of this on my face, plus mascara, and I'm good to go.

The price might put a lot of people off Hello Flawless!, and for good reason. It retails for US $34, AUD $63. But, if your budget can stretch to it, give it a go. Aussie girls, buy this one online!

Pros:
  • SPF +15
  • Effortlessly flawless, sheer coverage
  • Includes brush and sponge so you can decide how much coverage you like.
Cons:
  • Price, especially for Aussie girls it's quite expensive.
  • Can be a bit messy.
Definitely one of their better foundations, but for the cash, you have to weigh up if you can truly afford it. I'd go to a Benefit counter and try it out first, for sure. They have 8 shades, so there is probably one to suit you.

Any questions? Email me!

x Jasmine



The Hello Flawless! reviewed in this post was purchased by me. 
This is 100% my opinion. 
I am not affiliated with Benefit in any way.

No Response to "Hello Flawless!"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Addicted2Benefit All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes