Dandelion Blush

Be pretty in pink with my favourite Box-o-Powder from Benefit, Dandelion.
I wish you could smell this. Seriously. It's like heaven.

I've never been a big fan of blush. As a pale skinned gal, I've always been wary of overdoing it and looking like a clown, so was scared to try blush except for on special occasions.

The ladies at the Benefit counter said Dandelion would be perfect for my skin tone, and I have to say, they were right. The Benefit website calls this a 'ballerina pink', and it is soft yet pigmented at the same time. It gives a lovely pink shimmer to your cheeks, I'd call it a 'healthy glow'.

I can layer the blush to suit the occasion. If I just do a quick swipe over the apples of my cheeks it looks like I've been on a health kick for the past month. If I use a bit more, I can amp it up for a night time look. It's so versatile. The Benefit website even suggests using it all over your complexion for a 'final touch'. I have to say, that might be a bit much for my pale skin. However, if you have a darker skin tone, you could definitely get away with that.

Dandelion catches the light so nicely with a little shimmer, and the scent is divine. I'll be walking down the street and when the wind blows the right way I'll suddenly get a delicious burst of sweet flowery goodness that reminds me of summer.

I have conflicting thoughts about the packaging. On the one hand, like most other Benefit products, it's pretty cute. The green box lid lifts up to reveal a little brush with a wooden handle, which, by the way, is soft and fine for the blush application. Some reviewers have said they prefer to use a larger, round or angled brush, but for 'on the go' purposes, this one works well.

The problem is, the box isn't really made for 'on the go'. There's nothing holding the lid on the box, and if you threw this in the bottom of your handbag you couldn't be sure that it would be intact later that day. So unless you keep your makeup in a pouch inside your bag, or you don't mind getting powder all over your phone, I wouldn't bring this with you every time you go out. It's a bit big to be toting around all day anyway.

Having said that, I wouldn't give up my Dandelion for anything. If you were only going to buy one or two Benefit products, this would have to be one of them.

Pros:
  • Smells absolutely gorgeous. I wish they made a fragrance with this scent.
  • You can control the colour really well.
Cons
  • Depending on your needs, the packaging might not be so practical.

RRP US $28, AUD $51.

I know, I know. You're thinking, AUD $51 for a BLUSH? And all I can say to that is...but it's soooo gorgeous!

This is one of those purchases that you make because you love yourself, and want to pamper yourself. That's how I justify it to myself, anyway! I don't know why there is such a huge mark up on this in Australia, but once you smell it, you'll fall in lust. My advice - if you know you can't afford to spend so much on a blush, whatever you do, DON'T go to a Benefit counter to try it out! Because you'll walk out the door with the blush in a cute little bag, fifty bucks poorer. Guaranteed.

x Jasmine


The Dandelion blush reviewed in this post was purchased by me. 
This is 100% my opinion. 
I am not affiliated with Benefit in any way.

No Response to "Dandelion Blush"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Addicted2Benefit All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes