Benetint



Even if you don't own Benetint, you've probably at least heard of it. It's one of the most popular Benefit products, and probably the most iconic.

I was completely new to Benefit when I stumbled upon Benetint. As it was the first product of theirs I'd tried, I didn't really know what to expect. But the cute packaging sucked me in, and the promise of a multifunctional stain was too much for me to pass up.

The glass bottle reminds me of a nail polish, although it's larger than most polishes I've seen. The only thing to be wary of with the packaging is the fact that if you aren't careful with it, the glass could be cracked if dropped. It hasn't happened to me but I've heard of it happening to others.

You get a generous 12.5ml, and trust me, it lasts for ages. I like to dab a few dots on my moisturised lips, then cover with a generous layer of clear gloss. The stain lasts for hours, but I do need to touch up every so often.

I have quite pale skin so I have to be careful when using Benetint as a cheek stain. Two or three dots on the apples of my cheeks is plenty, and you have to be quick to blend it in (with your fingers is fine) to avoid a tell tale streak. But, done properly, it does give you a gorgeous glow. Have you ever rushed inside on a cold winters day to find your cheeks have a lovely reddish tint to them? This will help you recreate that look, minus the awful cold weather! You might have to use a few more dabs if you have a darker complexion, just play around with it. But remember, it is a stain - start out lightly and work your way up!

Benetint retails for US $28, or AUD $55. However, a tip to my Aussie readers - I get a lot of my Benefit stuff from the US online store. With the Aussie dollar hovering between US $0.90 - $1, it's much cheaper...if you can handle the 2-4 week wait!

Pros:
  • great colour pay off, especially on the lips
  • lasts for ages
Cons:
  • must be careful with the bottle. Don't throw it in the bottom of your bag!
  • the price. Benefit also sell a smaller version called a Pocket Pal (US $20, AUD $39) which comes with Benetint and a clear gloss. If the price is holding you back, why not try that? 

I love my Benetint, but I don't use it every day. It's mainly something I wear going out when I don't want to have to worry about retouching my lips every hour!

Any questions? Ask below!

x Jasmine



The Benetint reviewed in this post was purchased by me. 
This is 100% my opinion. 
I am not affiliated with Benefit in any way.

No Response to "Benetint"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Addicted2Benefit All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes