BADgal Lash Mascara

You either love it or hate it.

The award winning BADgal Lash Mascara has the ability to divide Beauty Gurus like no other Benefit product before!










I have quite a few mascaras and was interested to try this one, however at AUD $38 or US $19, I didn't think it was really worth buying. Fortunately, there was a mini (with full sized brush) included in the Her Name Was Glowla kit that I purchased in November (and I'll be reviewing that amazing kit soon), so I can still review it for you!

The first thing I noticed was the big, fat brush. It certainly is very chunky! I like chunky brushes, because they work well at getting into the roots and covering all of my fair lashes.

The formula is...okay. It's certainly not bad, but it's just nothing special.  When applied with just one coat, the look isn't dramatic, but provides a nice, natural looking finish. It's good for everyday wear when you want to wear mascara but nothing too heavy or dramatic. Layering on another coat does make a small difference and could work for a night time smokey eye. However, it does tend to clump a little so you'll need to brush your lashes out with an eyelash comb if you're not careful.

It wears quite well throughout the day, I haven't had any problems with it running or smudging during normal use. However, if you cry, prepare to look like a panda bear!

Benefit advertises this as 'Sexy, sultry, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes' - but it's seriously lacking on the volume. I was expecting nice thick lashes but I just didn't get them.

In terms of the Her Name Was Glowla kit, I'm glad the mascara was included. It's nice to have it as a spare and one I can take with me on an overnight trip. But I don't think I'd buy as a stand alone product, not because it's a bad mascara, but simply because the price outweighs the results, and it doesn't deliver what it promises. If you have the spare cash to drop on a mascara, and you only want a nice day time mascara, then BADgal might be for you.

But... if you're looking for 'full, voluminous lashes'... I wouldn't bother. I really wanted to love this mascara, so this is disappointing.

See my (positive!) reviews on BADgal Plum and BADgal Blue mascaras here.

x Jasmine



The BADgal Lash Mascara reviewed in this post was purchased by me. 
This is 100% my opinion. 
I am not affiliated with Benefit in any way.

No Response to "BADgal Lash Mascara"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Addicted2Benefit All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes