BADgal Plum & Blue Mascara

I just love coloured mascaras, don't you? They add an extra dimension to everyday looks, and can really make your eyes pop!







Benefit has 3 coloured mascaras in the BADgal range - Blue, Plum and Brown. I haven't got the brown one because I just don't like wearing brown mascara, however, I just love the other two.

Let's start with Plum. It's a gorgeous, rich purple colour that is designed to be worn alone. If you have brown or green eyes, this will contrast beautifully and look absolutely gorgeous. I have blue eyes and I think it looks pretty on me too.

It's not an electric purple and it doesn't look tacky, which is what I was worried about at first. It's a dark tone which will make people do a double take and ask themselves what colour mascara you're wearing when the light hits it.


It doesn't give incredibly voluminous lashes but I don't even care - the effect is stunning anyway. In fact, I think it works better with just one coat as it gives a more natural look. It doesn't clump or run under normal conditions, but if you cry it will run immediately and looks bright purple on the skin! So, if you're going out in the rain or think you might cry that day (if you can anticipate these things), maybe it's best not to wear it, or be prepared to touch up.

BADgal Plum is a definite winner!

Now, onto Blue.

The Benefit website says you should apply this mascara 'alone over lashes or layer over black mascara (lash tips only) for a sexy revved-up lash look'.

Let me say straight up - I hate wearing the BADgal Blue alone - it's much too bright and would only work if you were going to a rave and wanted to make a statement. However, wearing it over a thin mascara, on the tips, looks really nice! Especially if you have blue eyes, I've found it actually makes the whites of my eyes look brighter, which is a nice side effect. No clumping issues to speak of, either.


BADgal Black, Blue and Plum swatches.

If you were going to get one, I'd definitely pick the Plum. I haven't found any other mascara quite like it (and not for lack of trying!). 







Even though they're a bit expensive (AUD $38, US $19), they're unique and therefore really worth it. I'm in love with the Plum and will definitely repurchase!


x Jasmine



The BADgal Plum & Blue Mascaras reviewed in this post 
were purchased by me. 
This is 100% my opinion. 
I am not affiliated with Benefit in any way.

No Response to "BADgal Plum & Blue Mascara"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Addicted2Benefit All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes