Highlight it! High Beam vs Moon Beam

What is it about Benefit's highlighters that we love so much?

Oh Benefit, how I love your delicious little bottles of sunshine!

I've lost count of how many times I've woken up after a big night to find my skin is still asleep, lacking in that glow, that special little something we all yearn for. On such occasions the only solution is a beam of light - High or Moon, take your pick!

By the way, how cute are these mini bottles? Even though I own full size bottles of each, I carry these minis with me everywhere I go. They came in the Valley of the Stars kit, which unfortunately has been discontinued, but since they're sample sized you might be able to get them from your Benefit counter if you asked nicely.


These are pearly, iridescent highlights that you can pat onto your browbones, cheek bones, on the bridge of your nose... anywhere you want to define and brighten up.


High Beam is a pink with a silver shimmer to it, sooo pretty when the light catches it. It's perfect for any skin tone but particularly for pale skinned girls, and it's great for day time use.


Moon Beam is a gorgeous gold colour with a pearly-pinky shimmer! It sounds strange but it is so pretty. It's really nice on darker skin tones anytime of day or night, and on paler skin tones if you're planning a night out on the dance floor!

Really, either of these will look great on anyone, it just depends on the look you're going for. If I had to pick one... I would go for the High Beam, but only because they're kind of pricey (US $24, AUD $45) and I think the High Beam is more versatile.

They're great value for money, as you get 13ml in the regular sized bottles. Trust me, that's heaps. You don't need to apply much to get a gorgeous effect, so you'll probably have the same bottle for a year!

The packaging is my only concern. While it's super cute and looks like a giant bottle of nail polish, the glass bottle could be easily broken if you accidentally dropped it, and I've heard of the plastic lid cracking easily too. Fortunately I haven't had any issues, but just be careful, ladies! No throwing these precious bottles of goodness in the bottom of your overflowing purses, ok? Good!

Overall, I'd definitely recommend getting at least one of these highlighters. They're so cute and pretty and definitely one of the more unique items that Benefit has. I've yet to find a good dupe for either of these!


x Jasmine




The High Beam and Moon Beam reviewed in this post were purchased by me. 
This is 100% my opinion. 
I am not affiliated with Benefit in any way.

No Response to "Highlight it! High Beam vs Moon Beam"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Addicted2Benefit All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes