Bluff Dust

Can you really bluff your way to beautiful with this bright yellow concealing powder?



I have to say, ladies, I had high hopes for this powder. As a gal who sometimes suffers from red, blotchy skin, I was counting on Bluff Dust to even it all out flawlessly. Touted as a powder that corrects and conceals redness, it is actually one of a number of yellow powders and correctors from Benefit, another being Lemon Aid, which is a bit of a cult favourite.

The jar is surprisingly large, so this product does offer value for money. The lid twists off to reveal a small cotton powder puff, and underneath is another plastic lid dotted with holes - you shake some powder through and this helps to avoid wastage.

At first glance the powder seemed really too yellow, but once I put it on my nose the colour did blend nicely into my skin. I prefer to use a brush rather than the puff because I like light coverage. If you had a birth mark or some kind of blemish you wanted to disguise perhaps the puff would provide better coverage for you.

The only issue I have with this powder is that if your skin is dry it will settle into the cracks and look awful! I have combination skin, my nose and forehead are really dry, and my cheeks and chin are normal. The Bluff Dust looks really nice on the normal areas but then I look like I've been rubbing my nose in yellow powdered sugar! Not a good look!

Bluff Dust retails for US $22 or AUD $42.

I can't make up my mind about this product. It does give your skin a nice warm glow but the way it settles on some areas is a worry. I think if you could find a good foundation (like Hello Flawless!) you might not even need Bluff Dust. I would definitely see if you could try this one out before buying...

x Jasmine


The fragrances reviewed in this post were purchased by me. 
This is 100% my opinion. 
I am not affiliated with Benefit in any way.

No Response to "Bluff Dust"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Addicted2Benefit All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes